[aprssig] Was 6 meter APRS, now 30M tone freq's and PSK

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 23:45:56 EDT 2009

--- Stephen H. Smith  wrote that:

> Bob Donnell wrote:
> >  If the radio's SSB filter is a little wide, harmonics
> > ...outside our band - 10,150.8 and 10,151.2 kHz.

And retorted:
> This doesn't seem to me to hold water in this case.
> 1)  ...the second audio harmonic ...
> 2)  ...ODD harmonics ...even farther outside the
> filter passband.  ...

OOPS!  Steve, Steve, Steve.  You of all people shouldn't have missed this.

The Issue is the -30 dBc Odd order products that are produced in the "linear" stages *AFTER* any filtering / phasing -- most notably the finals.  Anyone not undersatanding this look at any of the product reviews in QST of the TWO-Tone Tx spectrum.

73, Steve, K9DCI, (SMHRTEP) Senior Member of the Ham Radio Technical Esplanation Police   (;-)

In the words of a un-named U.S. representative: Lucy! you got some splainin' to do.