[aprssig] Nuvi-350 Station Symbols

Don Downs d.downs at computer.org
Thu Aug 27 23:20:45 EDT 2009

Hi Bob,

I've noticed this sometimes, too. Overall, I'm very happy with it, but there
do seem to be some quirks in the display sometimes.

I think all of the stations are usually there (either call or symbol or
both). I have noticed that if two stations are *really *close together
(e.g., parked side by side), only one may show up depending on the zoom
level.

If you see the symbol but no call, you can touch the symbol and it will pop
up the call. It can be a little tedious -- if you miss the symbol, it may
pop up details about some other nearby point (road name, etc.). I think it
would help to trim your fingernail into a sharp point. :-)

You've probably already figured this out, but you can also go to Favorites
in the routing section and it will list every station along with a distance
and direction. You can select the station from the list, and then show it on
the map to see its location (and you can zoom the map if needed). I use this
feature to see who is nearby and possibly in simplex range.

So, if you have some time to "fiddle" with it you can get a pretty good idea
of nearby activity.

73,
Don WA4AVU