[aprssig] 6 meter APRS (KA nodes?)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Aug 27 17:57:01 EDT 2009

TOP POST:

All reasonable concerns...

But none of the devices you mention have level-4 PACKET
capability (The-NET, NET-ROM or KA node) and that is essential
for level-4 packet.  I think there is still plenty of viability
left in that technology.  But if there is an alternative that is
as ubiquitous and autonomous as AX.25 stand-alone TNC's that run
forever without a reboot or requiring a PC, that is hard to
beat. I am open.

Bob