[aprssig] 6 meter APRS (KA nodes?)

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:29:58 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Bob Bruninga<bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> 3) 6m is a great fixed-location long range channel ideal for
> EOC's and other fixed emergency sites for fixed-to-fixed comms where general purpose comms to all mobiles is not needed.  Since 2m and 70cm is so valuable for emergency operations, using 6m from the EOC for fixed comms, minimizes co-site QRM.

Bob,

6 meters has been making a comeback in Arkansas for EMCOM packet use,
mostly point-to-point.

I'm originally from there, but have been living and working in
Michigan since 96.
I still like to check in on the guys down there and see what they are up to.
Here is a site with some of the information about their packet network that is
utilizing 6m, 2m, and 440.

http://www.arhams.org/packet/

Just a little real world info to consider.

73,
Randy
WF5X