[aprssig] 6 meter APRS (a new wild-west RF domain)

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 20:01:34 EDT 2009

>> Propnet had a good path scheme defined.  We just need to find it in
>> the archives...
>
> Didn't we just go through this alternate-alias thing on 440 and 220
> here Bill?  What scheme are we using in the NWAPRS region?  Get Bob
> K. to participate in this thread?

That's a totally different issue.   The PROPNET project wanted to
identify where the packets came from by station and by band while
getting as many hops as possible to make sure the 'catches' were
caught.

Here's part of the original docs from propnet:

  http://www.propnet.org/PropNET/propnet25--setup_tnc_only.html

Looking closer I see that the only band specific info was in the UI TO
field which doesn't really help here.

Reading even closer I see Bob's suggestion is essentially what the WWA
96UHF net did.  That did solve the issues at hand of ping-ponging
between networks when gated as well as identifying where the packets
came from.

Bill - WA7NWP