[aprssig] 6 meter APRS

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Wed Aug 26 18:34:50 EDT 2009

Yes, that's how it should work.

It's early stages for the program but I'd like to run the PSK/QPSK audio
at 700 Hz so that with an
audio feed from an existing HF receiver driving a 300 bd TNC running at
1600 / 1800 Hz the
PSK would be 1 kHz below the existing APRS.

On 30m that would be 10.1483 MHz. Seems OK in Europe, would that
frequency be OK in the US?

The receive side uses +/- 50 Hz AFC so the tuning would be easier than
existing packet. It's using
the PSKCore DLL by AE4JY. A simple test program works well. It just
needs the interface to UI-View
completing for the first on-air tests. I'd better get on with it!

73s,

Chris, G4HYG

Chris Moulding
Cross Country Wireless (2009) Ltd
7 Thirlmere Grove, Bolton, Lancs, BL4 0QB, UK
Tel/fax: +44(0)1204 410626
Mobile:  +44(0)7752 391908
Website: http://www.crosscountrywireless.net
Company number 6780346 registered in England and Wales