[aprssig] Nuvi-350 Station Symbols

Brent Ellzey brentlz at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:47:50 EDT 2009

I'm running a (couple) 8GB SD's with music for my Nuvi 350 (and 750).  Ran into a limitation with the mp3 player in that the Nuvi 350 would only let me access / display the 1st 500 or so songs stored on the card (~1000 songs for the Nuvi 750)...looks like you can put more mp3's on an 8GB card that the players will show.  Yeah, I've a lot of music. ;)

Found a workaround to at least play the music (still doesn't list them all).  Basically, make .m3u playlists  for each album (I named them Artist-Album.m3u), copy the .m3u's to the root dir of the SD card _1st_, then copy the .mp3's to the SD card...that way you can play the albums through the Nuvis' import playlist option.  YMMV.

I've had great experiences with both the OT2 + Fleet Mgt cable & D710 + GTRANS cable with a Nuvi 350...very plug-N-play.

I am getting tempted to hack a touchscreen into my netbook and also to try out the Garmin Mobile PC software (looks like a Nuvi on Windows).  Does the Garmin Mobile PC supports Fleet Mgt mode or waypoint additions?  At ~$46 for the software (w/o GPS), I may have to just give it a try...

Brent / KE7JGM.