[aprssig] 6 meter APRS (a new wild-west RF domain)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 25 14:37:45 EDT 2009

With the beginnings of a 6m APRS network in the Wash DC area, I
threw together a web page to  lead discussion of how we want to
best use this new effort:

http://aprs.org/6m-aprs.html

In highly congested areas, we do not cross beacon the stuff to 2
meters, but let the Igates provide the connectivity to these
users.  In other locations, they can be cross connected where

But all of these 6m mobiles are always reachable by Tone 100
Voice Alert via a crossband UHF calling channel.

And wont it really be fun during METEOR showers!

Bob, WB4APR