[aprssig] APRS/Winlink puzzles

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:08:25 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Ah, thanks for the explanation.  I didn't realize that Xastir (and probably the others) "look for" things to send.  I guess that makes sense.

So, does this mean that by having my home station configured without an SSID, that it prevents others from picking it up also?  I've never been able to get a response except when I'm within RF range of home.  Or is it that bi-directional operation is really rare?  My station is just an iGate, not a digi, if that matters.

Greg  KO6TH