[aprssig] Nuvi-350 Station Symbols

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Aug 23 23:42:12 EDT 2009

Has anyone decoded the quirks in how the Nuvi-350 with the Argent data cable displays stations?

I just bought several and am very pleased, but I find the map display of other stations and symbols very quirky.  For any given other station, the symbol is there sometimes, and not there sometimes.

I zoom in and it appears, or disappears, I zoom out and it appears or dissappeares...  SOmetimes the call is there, sometimes not... sometimes the symbol is there, and sometimes not...

Im sure there is some kind of Garmin logic to it, but I haven't figured it out yet.  I'm loosing confidence that I am seeing the full set of other stations on the map, because of these quirks.

ANyone figured this out yet?

Bob, WB4APR