[aprssig] IGATEing CWOP data

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Wed Aug 19 19:02:58 EDT 2009

The CWOP network is no longer connected to the APRS-IS network.  To better serve the CWOP-type clientele (connect, send a packet, disconnect), the CWOP "core" servers are not interconnected and therefore a connection to one will not get you the data from the others.  I also believe that those servers have javAPRSFilter disabled to reduce overhead.

There is a "consolidation" server that accepts feeds from the CWOP network and APRS-IS but I believe it is read-only to APRS-IS.  At one point, there was a system in-place that connected the "consolidation server" with the FireNet server but I do not know that project's status at this time.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net