[aprssig] APRS Priority bit

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Aug 19 11:33:30 EDT 2009

> Second is the concept that digipeaters will now have to decode the data portion of the AX.25 packet if they are to implement these RF pacing algorithms.  While software-based digipeaters like digi_ned may be able to handle this as-is or with minor modifications, I perceive already memory strapped firmware-based digipeater code may be problematic.

The Tracker2 manages OK with a 7.3 MHz processor and 60k of flash.  The
problem is architectural in this case - the APRS parser and digipeater
modules are separate and don't talk to each other, and don't necessarily
run against a packet at the same time.

My concern is that I need an exact definition of the required digipeater
behavior, and it needs to be something that doesn't involve buffering a
lot of packets or maintaining lots of counters.

Scott
N1VG