[aprssig] spaces in object names

Dave Skolnick dskolnick at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:23:49 EDT 2009

> From: Tapio Sokura <oh2kku at iki.fi>
> PS. We really need an updated APRS specification document. The current
> mess with the 1.0.1 pdf and the various addendums to it just don't work.
> Application identifiers like the to-call lists and mic-e comment byte
> assignments, maybe even symbol lists, don't necessarily need to be in
> the spec, but just about everything else should be in one coherent document.

I agree, and would go further to suggest an APRS spec that addresses
all the network issues, a client spec that picks up all Bob's "it
should be this way" issues, and perhaps a single guidance document
that addresses everything that doesn't fit in one of the others. I'd
help with an effort like that.

73 es sail fast, dave KO4MI