[aprssig] wilderness protocol cq

Jack Swift - Swift Hardware jswift at up.net
Fri Aug 14 11:03:34 EDT 2009

if you are in my area and call "CQ" on 146.52 or one of the 3 ham
repeaters i monitor or our ares simplex frequency (which you wouldn't
know, but i do monitor it) -- I WON"T ANSWER YOU!
but why would i intentionally ignore such a nice fellow as you?
because i don't use the radio for idle chat. if you like chatting with
people you don't know, that's fine, but don't expect everyone to have
your preferences.

on the other hand, if you say you need help (directions, tow truck,
law, fire, medical, phone home), i'll certainly answer you - that's
why i monitor...

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Mr Jeffrey L Ross
<radiooperator at comcast.net> wrote:
> hi, like I said, I called for 4 days, 4 mins after the hour and listend 24/7 not a single signal. and I am in range of 60000 people, 5000 hams, simplex is the way to use your radio, can  not depend or should not depend on repeaters.  Will try 50 watts and a better antenna next time.
>
> Wilderness protocol is the way to go.
>

> KC8GKF

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Jack Swift