[aprssig] spaces in object names

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Aug 13 15:19:35 EDT 2009

> I just cannot see a situation where having
> "A  B" and "A   B" as distinct objects would
> ever be considered an enhancement.
>
> I'd like to see a spec _recommendation_ that
> multiple consecutive embedded spaces in an
> object/item name be discouraged

ANyone foolish enough to do that gets what he gets.  We cannot correct supidiity by covering every stupid thing someone might do.  On the other hand, if someone does that, he may not be a fool and may have a very good reason for doing it.  But APRS should try to preserve what the user entered.  But NOT trailing spaces...

Bob, WB4APR