[aprssig] Packet Interpretation - Wind or Motion

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Aug 13 08:48:56 EDT 2009

I am suitable cowed, embarrassed, and chagrined.....I thought I
understood the spec and I thought that an @ packet was ONLY for position
data.  I now see that on page 66 it further qualifies that a symbol code
of _ is plainly a weather data indicator.  Silly me, I never noticed
that specific symbol selection actually drove the packet format!

I guess the real problem is that I THOUGHT instead of RE-READ the spec!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS.  This may read as sarcastic, but it is a truly serious "thank you"
for the information.