[aprssig] spaces in object names .02c

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 20:38:15 EDT 2009

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Bob Bruninga

> > ... Can we live with embedded spaces?
> > (and ignoring trailing ones)

Seems to me...
 1 --  Finally, someone got there...  The difference between imbedded spaces and trailing spaces also needs to be clarified.

I submit that a 9 character fixed length field (explicitly padded with spaces when required) containing "K9DCI   A"  has NO trailing spaces.
Where as "K9DCI  A " has only one.

2 -- It blows me away that some of you Gurus (whom I respect) with the level of expierence you have, consider a space to be non-printable.  One of life's many mysteries. (:-)

Cheers, Steve K9DCI
However, some claim that I am easily amazed...