[aprssig] findu.com posit.cgi

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Aug 9 10:38:05 EDT 2009

> On Aug 9, 2009, at 7:10 AM, Andrew Rich (Home) wrote:
>
>> Can someone help me with the field definitions for posit.cgi please

What, are you serious?

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/posit.cgi?call=K4HG-7

The column labeled lat is latitude, the number of degrees from the
equator, negative for southern hemisphere.

The column labeled lon is longitude, the number of degrees from the
prime meridian, negative for western hemisphere.

The column labeled course is the direction of travel, 0 is north.

The column labeled speed is the velocity of travel in the APRS native
units of knots.

The column labeled altitude is the elevation of the station above mean
sea level, in the APRS native units of feet.

A reminder for this and all findU cgi's, screen scraping is not
permitted, this cannot be used for automated input into another
program. See the FAQ on findU's front page for details.

Steve K4HG