[aprssig] RADIO paths in APRS Servers

Andrew Rich (Home) vk4tec at tech-software.net
Fri Aug 7 09:42:08 EDT 2009

When I started in Ham Radio we had digis that only had a callsign

I could quite happilly direct a packet "via" a chain of digis I knew to get
to a friend.

Then came the advent of Alias - or a generic call that digis could adopt so
you could drive around and hit any one of them.

I just hope in the "noise" of progress, we don't do away with the ability to
be able to discern what digis , or more importantly, have the ability to
pick, which digis we go via.

Andrew Rich
Amateur Radio Callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net