[aprssig] 36v inverter

manuel holland wa5vxi at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 10:50:40 EDT 2009

I am using a used forklift battery as a backup powersource for my APRS station.  It is a 48 volt unit but is comprised of 24 two volt cells.  It was very easy to reconfigure into 12 volt units which then work wellwith conventional c hargers and inverters.  A forklift supplier might be a source for the used batteries. they may have a few dead cells but enough that are good to get a bank of 12 volt batteries with a large capacity.