[aprssig] 36v inverter

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Aug 5 00:40:33 EDT 2009

Here's the wind sensor assembly (minus the rain gauge):

http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=1564

I've got the first batch of prototype boards for the station coming in
on Thursday.  It's a flange mount ABS box with temperature, barometric
pressure, and (optional) humidity sensors.  It'll connect directly to a
radio (the processor is the same as the OpenTracker+ RT), it'll output
Peet Bros format (and maybe some others) for connection to a PC or
external TNC, and it's got a second serial output so you can daisy chain
an indoor and outdoor unit.

I gave up trying to make it a through hole kit.  The baro sensor
selection in particular was limited, and it was going to require too
many components.  Going all SMT cut the cost considerably and left
enough space for ferrite chips on all off-board connections and
transient voltage suppressors on the wind and rain sensors.

Scott
N1VG