[aprssig] "The New" WXSVR and Canada

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Tue Aug 4 19:37:38 EDT 2009

Bill Diaz wrote:
> Gregg,
> 	See below:

I use the "translucent" settings on network data sources to provide the right
level of detail that my eyes can interpret and keep things from being obscured
if I need to see underneath things.  This is not perfect, but it can be adjusted
as needed, and you can create multiple links to the same data with different
levels, put them under a particular branch of the "data source" tree, and then
just "switch tree branches" to see something different on top.

I think that supporting KML in APRS applications as data sources would be a good
thing to look at for application developers.  Allowing network sourced data
would be ideal!  Something using "urls" would be great, like
"file:/local/file/path" vs "http://remotehost/file/path etc is a powerful
mechanism for allow integration of data sources.

Gregg Wonderly

Gregg Wonderly