[aprssig] Cheap HTs

K8YS k8ys at fuse.net
Mon Aug 3 20:34:01 EDT 2009

Hey Scott.
Beijing.
The place was a multi-story "shopping mall". Our guide knew where it was
located, I have no idea!
The first floor was appliances, stove tops (no ovens!), second floor was
electronics and stuff, third floor was where we spent the money - it was
little booths selling pearls etc.

While my wife and all the adoptive moms were haggling over pearls, I went
scouting the 2nd floor. I was looking to buy Panda's, but they did not sell
them there. Never did buy the Panda's.

I ALMOST bought one of the little handhelds, but was wary of "what if I get
home and it does not work", I could not test in while in China since I never
sent the radio club US$5.00 for a Chinese license.

I did not get to look around HK, we were only there for 10 hours, and I
rather sleep.

Bob