[aprssig] Catch It While It Lasts - Real Time Digipeater Map of US

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Aug 3 16:42:32 EDT 2009

I'm not sure what filter you used to get these digipeaters, but not
everything that uses a digi symbol is a digi and not every digi uses a
digipeater symbol.  I generate daily maps of the active digis and IGates
for the lower 48 states (of the USA) and make them available at:

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/Act24/* (the trailing *
is required)

Scroll to the bottom for the most recent day.  You're looking for the
one ending in USA(4)-5.png.  My definition of a Digi or an IGate is
based on where it appears in the path on an APRS-IS packet.  I inject a
range filter only for the United States and analyze every packet for
status.  Oh, and a Digi or an IGate (for the purposes of these graphs)
isn't allowed to move.

I also do slightly closer views of quadrants of the US.  You can
recognize them by the SW/SE/NE/NW in the name.  Also:

(0) - All traffic
(1) - Direct IGate traffic only (not all areas)
(2) - Digi/IGate traffic (most like your neat map) (IGates are bigger
circles/fonts than Digis)
(3) - Unlabeled map of Movers (black dots) with Digi/Igates as red circles
(4) - As (3) w/large/small green dots for IGate/Digis.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - APRS-IS Infrastructure Visualization

PS.  For a composite view of the past 2 weeks of APRS activity on a
single map, check out:

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/Act00/* (the trailing *
is required)

(Again, the most recent data is at the bottom)