[aprssig] Cheap HTs

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Aug 3 16:16:57 EDT 2009

I don't know if I've ever timed one that was completely discharged.  I
usually have them on there for 2 or 3 hours at a time, but I rarely run
them down past about half.

The battery price might be going up a little (my cost has already gone
up) but they're still about half what you pay for a NiMH battery most
places.

I have more confidence in the PX-777 I keep in the door of my car and
only charge every few months than the TH-D7A with two battery packs that
I try to keep topped up.

Scott
N1VG