[aprssig] iPhone web position

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Aug 3 13:39:16 EDT 2009

On Aug 3, 2009, at 1:23 PM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

> Working like a champ.... I'm in a "serious" concrete building - a
> paper mill with no windows -and it has me located within 20 feet of
> my offce (as I estimate from the overhead view).  The only problem I
> see is that the page doesn't continue to refresh when the screen
> goes blank.  But this is an iphone issue not findu issue.

Do you mean when the phone sleeps? You can turn that off in settings-
 >autolock. If you mean something else I haven't seen it happen, so
explain more.

> Other than that...wow.  In the car I can run on 12v charger.
>
> This is perfect little app.... Hope aprs.fi incorporates it!

He said he would when he gets back from holiday.

> Now Steve, since you said you were listening to bluetooth audio can
> you please make the iphone AVRCP work!!   can't change songs on my
> motorcycle using the bluetooth remote. <grin>

Yea, doesn't work for me either. I got a new F-250 diesel that came
with SYNC. Totally a modal, awkward Microsoft product. If I plug into
the USB connection, it often does not switch the audio input correctly
and I have to stop and restart the engine to reset it. Not such a big
deal because even though voice command of my audio is a gee-whiz thing
it is not something I'd want to use all the time.

The one mode that works well is the bluetooth phone and audio
connection. When I start the truck it finds the phone automatically
and routes the bluetooth audio through the stereo and connects the
phone to the voice command. It starts playing what was last playing on
the phone, but the forward and backward buttons won't work.

Steve K4HG