[aprssig] iPhone web position

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Sun Aug 2 20:52:23 EDT 2009

This works for me!  8gig iphone 3g.  I do wish it had a way to make the GPS
stay on longer before reporting. Google Latitude has the same issue...
reports posit too soon and the position is a very rough guess.  The funny
thing in my case is that the postion reported is NOT my local cell tower,
I'm actually about 1.5 km from my tower and it's reported me on the other
side of the tower by 1.5km.  The IBCNU app does have a switch to flip to
limit the minimum accuracy.  Gues I'll have to do some reading on the
geolocation api.  I did see something in there about age of a cached posit
but nothing about accuracy that I saw in my cursory reading.

Wes
---
Hitler gave great speeches too!