[aprssig] iPhone web position

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Aug 2 11:32:06 EDT 2009

On Aug 2, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Steve Dimse wrote:

> There is a limitation that became apparent when I took it for short
> drive. Despite setting the high accuracy bit on, the phone does not
> usually wait long enough to get a GPS fix, so most of the time all
> you get is cell tower fixes, 1-2 km errors. Think of it as driving
> with position ambiguity turned on!
>
> I'll have to look at Google location and see if they have some
> magical way to get better GPS fixes.

OK, there is a separate function that keeps getting positions, and
this will result in GPS accurate positions. Trouble is I will need to
learn javascript to make it work cleanly (need to filter the results
so I only update the position when it changes significantly or
accuracy has improved. I've been trying to avoid learning javascript
for years, this my be the time I have no choice...

Steve