[aprssig] APRS Symbol Question

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Aug 2 06:55:39 EDT 2009

On Aug 2, 2009, at 3:54 AM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> No.  You are just experiencing the basically intractable problem of
> changing/adding APRS symbols.
>
> Once again (for about the third time in the last week and a half):

No, this is different, read the original post again. The problem is
one of the internet databases displaying the wrong symbol for one
defined in the nine year old APRS Spec, using the alt table instead of
the primary. I did not verify the problem myself though apparently
others did. If it is as advertised, it is a bug in aprs.fi.

Steve K4HG