[aprssig] Information for security assessment for APRS

William Gery wgery at kc.rr.com
Sat Aug 1 11:01:18 EDT 2009

Several of our National Weather services offices use xastir and ui-view
for gathering weather reports and communication with SKYWarn operators
in the field. Others offices would like to develop this capability.

In order to keep these systems connected we are required to perform a
security assessment for these systems. This is especially true to
connect host to the office LAN with access across our internal network
to the internet APRS servers.

Is there some federal agency that has already performed the
assessment ? If so that would help speed up the process. Both the RF and
LAN/WAN connection need to be addressed.

If someone can point us in the right direction that would
be appreciated.

Bill

--
William Gery - KA2FNK