[aprssig] Cute status text...bad path

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Apr 30 01:51:38 EDT 2009

Steve K9DCI wrote...

> Is this a case of these two Digis allowing RELAY (to be nice)? or
> is it that without the WIDEn path, whatever digi is hearing him is
> allowing RELAY and is just not shown??  He's pretty close to both
> of them.
>
> KB5ZJU-7>T3TS3V,RELAY,WIDE3-3,qAR,AB9FT-5:`sLel &j/]"67}Retired and
> bored.
> KB5ZJU-7>T3TS3V,RELAY,WIDE3-3,qAR,K9DRX:`sLel &j/]"67}Retired and
> bored.

No digis were involved. KB5ZJU-7 was heard direct and by AB9FT-5 and
also by K9DRX.

http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KB5ZJU-7&limit=1000

He's beaconing pretty often. Most of the time he was gated, he was heard
direct by the IGate. However, there's at least one "RELAY" digi in his
vicinity. It didn't do callsign substitution, so can't be identified. It
would be within earshot of

2009-04-29 17:44:36 UTC:
KB5ZJU-7>T3RS1R,RELAY*,WIDE3-3,qAR,N9OIG
:`sSb"!dj/]"6M}Retired and bored.
[Location changes too fast (>500 km/h)]

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH