[aprssig] Nuvi 350 and KPC-3

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Apr 28 20:37:24 EDT 2009

I made some code changes to the GTRANS today and incorporated some APRS
parsing code from the Tracker2, so you can now use the GTRANS cable to
connect a KPC-3 or compatible TNC to a Garmin nuvi 350 (or several other
models, if you don't mind duplicate waypoints) and get waypoint display.

Instead of just parsing NMEA and Kenwood waypoint strings as it did
before, it now parses the raw APRS data spit out by the KPC-3 in MONITOR
mode (with HEADERLN OFF).  It's still in beta testing, so if you want to
give it a try, let me know and I can provide the firmware update.

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=114

At some point I might be able to add FMI messaging capability, too.
Won't work for the Kenwoods, at least not on the GPS port.  Anyone know
if the D700 and D710 will accept GPS data on their data ports?

Scott
N1VG