[aprssig] Trans-Atlantic APRS Balloon Flight Wed 29 April!

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 16:58:08 EDT 2009

--- Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:
> That On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Greg Clark wrote:
> >> I wonder how much time it would have taken to put
> this pseudo-code in the firmware?
> >> if ... set_frequency(144800) ... else

> > it's not too hard, it's the testing that takes time.

> ...Garmin II..."Simulator" mode...

 Sure ...  Or a GPS V with the same capabiity  ... OR an old dumb terminal ... OR a simple terminal program (read GPS, change parameter, send), OR a Basic program  OR   my serial I/O Excel spreadsheet  OR  Heck one of the 13 or so Radioshack Color Computers in my basement (or any other brand gathering dust).

   If this balloon is like that last one and has command and control ability ...

  Sounds like this group needs some serious mentoring on the electronics end rather than griping on the sig. If someome is up to it.

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI
Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !

Versions for these Radios:
TM-D700 |       TH-F6A     |   TS-2000    |  Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |   Does .fx files |   Sat Mems   |  Easy Mem Tones

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/site/?/page/Amateur_Radio_Control/
--
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turned out to be ignorance.  S. Noskowicz 1987