[aprssig] Trans-Atlantic APRS Balloon Flight Wed 29 April!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 28 15:53:00 EDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Greg Clark wrote:

>> I wonder how much time it would have taken to put this pseudo-code in the
>> firmware?
>>
>> if ((longitude > -30) && (longitude < 180))
>>      set_frequency(144800);
>> else
>>      set_frequency(144390);
>
> it's not too hard, it's the testing that takes time.

1) Grab my old Garmin II+.
2) Put it in "Simulator" mode.
3) Change the lat/long to whatever I want.
4) See what the APRS unit does with it's frequency.
5) Repeat.

Yes, I know that's an infinite loop.  Just like your shampoo bottle
instructions.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer