[aprssig] Trans-Atlantic APRS Balloon Flight Wed 29 April!

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Apr 28 11:56:05 EDT 2009

> I wonder how much time it would have taken to put this pseudo-code in
> the firmware?
>
> if ((longitude > -30) && (longitude < 180))
>      set_frequency(144800);
> else
>      set_frequency(144390);

You can actually do that in the T2-301's scripting system, more or less.
  You have to define geographic areas with lat/lon corners, but that
could be an entire hemisphere.  And you have to check that you only make
the frequency change when crossing in or out of the region, so that it
doesn't try to change frequencies constantly.

Hmm, maybe I'll write a default script for the 301 that sets it to the
local APRS frequency for whatever region you're in...

Scott
N1VG