[aprssig] TAPR Differential GPS Reference Station

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Apr 23 15:23:23 EDT 2009

A simple averaging system will eventually work... over a period of
weeks.  However, a simplified system that decorrelates the data by
taking positoins every 30- to 60-sec for some relatively large number of
samples, at least one day (24 hours) would provide a decently accurate
position in 2D.  Getting height right is a hit or miss proposition,
however, using only L1.  If one were to use the aforementioned
decimation approach with a modern receiver with WAAS enabled, one would
have a much better 3D "survey".

gerry