[aprssig] Garmin 2610 to d700 aftermarket?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Apr 10 14:08:43 EDT 2009

I don't have a list of models with native NMEA output (it'd only be the
older ones) but here are the current models that I know of that support
the FMI protocol, which the GTRANS will translate to NMEA:

http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Garmin_FMI

Keep in mind that there isn't an 18-pin version of the GTRANS cable yet,
so if you're going to try to use one of those you'd need to do some
extra soldering.

Scott
N1VG