[aprssig] APRS Frequency Objects Questions

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Mon Apr 6 18:55:53 EDT 2009

Assuming that each voice repeater in your area has a different input/output
pair (not like the fara system in OH and MI).... then If your digi serves a
particular part of town, then beacon the linked repeater frequency for that
area.  For example, in CHS SC, 146.76 and 145.25 are both linked but one
serves downtown charleston, and the other a suburb of charleston,
summerville.  In the down town digi, I'd show 146.76 as the local voice
repeater.  Don't beacon out over any hops, just simplex out of the digi.  As
you drive up to the suburb, you start to see the 145.25 object on your
display.

It's what ever voice freq makes the most sense for a mobile near the digi.
Wes
---
Where there's silence, there is no Hope.