[aprssig] d710 WIDE1-1 setup?

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Mon Apr 6 15:47:06 EDT 2009

<snip>
> I’m not sure I understand your information about reducing the number of
> hops requested in your digipath settings?  What are your referring
> too?  We recommend all users run WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 in Michigan.  Did I
> miss something?  I thought that was the standard when digi coverage is
> good.
>
> Mike
> Kb8zgl

Fine.  And I agree with Kai LA3QMA.  Yes, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 is a good routine
setting for mobile or portable stations in North America at least.  It's
only that I noticed KB8ZGL-12 and KB8ZGL-1 were unfortunately set to
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 instead (three VHF digipeater hops in all directions).
http://map.findu.com/kb8zgl*

73, Cap KE6AFE