[aprssig] Building a new digi

Bob Burns W9RXR w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Fri Apr 3 06:41:11 EDT 2009

At 03:37 PM 4/1/2009, Keith VE7GDH wrote:

>If 5 Watts be enough, how about a T2-301?

That's an interesting question. Since this would be a fairly
high-profile, permanent installation, I was tending more towards a
25-50 watt radio, possibly a rugged commercial rig like a Kenwood
TK-790 (which I may be able obtain from local government surplus).

Would the T2 do all of the appropriate callsign substitution and
trapping that a Kantronics KPC-3+ would?

Any antenna recommendations? I was thinking along the lines of a
2-bay folded dipole which would be side mounted on the tower.

Bob...