[aprssig] Looking for 9600 baud equipment

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sun Sep 28 14:16:10 EDT 2008

Hi all,

My first batch of data radios is due in soon (both VHF and UHF) so I
figure it's about time to start working on 9600 baud support for my next
TNC project.  Right now I've only got a couple of EJ-41Us to work with,
and I'm hoping to find at least a few different TNCs for compatibility
testing.  A KPC-9612 and an original G3RUH modem would be great for
starters.

I'm willing to buy, trade, or borrow (for a few months) if anyone's got
gear they're not using.  I'm just tired of trying to get stuff on eBay,
and I already spend too much on new stuff that I only need for a little
while.

And if anyone's got good information on compatibility between existing
products, let me know.  I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones
use a root-raised cosine matched filter, for example.  It's hard to
determine even which ones are actually G3RUH-compatible.  It's the same
problem I had when learning the low-level details of 1200 baud packet
and SSTV - too many well-meaning hams writing explanations of the modes
based on their appliance-level experience, without any real knowledge of
the details.  Makes it hard to find the real information.

Thanks,

Scott
N1VG