[aprssig] Operator Present Bit

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Sep 26 03:43:17 EDT 2008

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> But then again, if it is not automatic when the person enters the room
> and touches the PC and then decays off when the person leaves the
> operator position, then it is a worthless capablity.

Hmmm... that's kinda like saying a D7 is worthless because you have to
manually enter a position when no GPS receiver is attached. It isn't
automatic, but it works.

I agree, it would be useful to know when there is an operator present,
but what is your recommendation? Should I stop transmitting the
"operator present" bit just because it isn't automatic?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH