[aprssig] No More Mobile APRS In California

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Thu Sep 25 23:13:19 EDT 2008

This will make it expensive for delivery drivers who use a computer
aided dispatch system while mobile. I presume cab companies in CA use
similar technology for fare dispatch info as well. What about the police
and their in-car terminals... I suppose they will be exempt and immune
to prosecution.
This also impacts D-Star with it's 20 character in-band message that
gets transmitted and received all the time. What about FM RDS and
satellite radio receivers in the dash of virtually every car in CA,
these are wireless devices and I'm sure their text displays are just as
distracting?
I just hope Australia doesn't follow too closely... I like my HamHUD
display.
Michael.
VK5ZEA