[aprssig] Proper DIGI Path

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Sep 25 22:02:14 EDT 2008

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> Yes, everything that goes into the addendums is proposed,
> discussed, argued, debated ad nauseum and finalized here on the
> APRSSIG.

That's fine, but you didn't really answer my question...

  "Is there an "APRS Working Group" as mentioned in the
    'APRS spec' or is that basically you now?"

> Then it is documented in the addendums. The 1.1
> addendum was solidified in 2004. The 1.2 contains additional
> items since then.

It really needs to be placed in a single document. I open the original
document from time to time to look something up, but it's more than a
pain to have to go search through pages on a website to find what has
changed and then try and cross-reference it to the original manual. It's
more work than I'm willing to do and that probably goes for a lot of
other people too. I know that it would take time to do this, but
according to the information you provided, it's nearly four years since
the "1.1 addendum". Getting version 1 and 1.1 and 1.2 all into one
document would make it a lot easier for someone that wants to study
the APRS spec. Oh... now I see an "APRS spec 1.3 proposal" at the
bottom of the 1.2 page - hi!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH