[aprssig] Extending javAPRSSrvr's dupeTime

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Sep 23 02:51:42 EDT 2008

Pierre VE2PRT wrote...

> However, these balloons climb to 75000+ft so they are heard by quite a
> number of digis anyway. Even if they are not digipeated on RF, they
> are going to be sent over the Internet many times.

>From 75,000', they don't really need any path at all. If any is used, it
shouldn't be any more than a one hop WIDE2-1, but above a few
thousand feet, none would be better.

> Packets #1 and #2 above are different (see the coordinates and
> altitude). The target has traveled horizontally and climbed some
> 433ft. Packet #3 is a repetition of packet #1, received 50 seconds
> after the original #1.

You're right... I should have looked more closely at the actual payload.
They aren't identical packets, but look at the time embedded in packets
#1 and #2. Both are 201321z. Again, I should have looked beyond the
embedded time stamp. Maybe SmartBeaconing caused two packets
within the same second.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH