[aprssig] APRStt (APRS touchtone DTMF)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 19 09:00:42 EDT 2008

APRStt coming soon!

With APRStt running in your community, everyone at your event or
during emergency situations can check-in to APRS with nothing
but any HT or mobile rig via DTMF.  Users just pre-program their
callsign into a DTMF memory, and they can appear on APRS at the
press of a button.

I just got word from someone that has finally developed a
preiminary working version of APRStt that implements some of the
basics of this powerful technique.  When he is ready for release
(many weeks from now probably) we will let you know.

But APRStt is coming to our tool boxes.  You might think a bit
how you might be able to use this technique in some aspect of
your operating organization.

Read up on www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

We first demonstrated this under APRSdos back in 2001 with an
external DTMF decoder chip, but this will be a new version that
runs under windows using only the sound card for both DTMF
decoding and Voice-Back synthesis.

More as we learn it.

Bob, WB4APR