[aprssig] Voice Repeater Frequency Objects

Jeff N0JUH jefflists08 at corrt.com
Wed Sep 17 00:40:16 EDT 2008

There was a tracker near me that beaconed once per minute even when the
ham's car was not moving.  But apparently his GPS elevation drifts a
little, and the A=xxx number was slightly different every time.  Instead
of recognizing it as a duplicate position, my D700 put it on the
frequency display every time.

So, was my D700 parsing the "A" value to decide that it wasn't a "dP",
or will any change in the packet payload be interpreted as something new
to display?  Thankfully, someone got him to shut the darn thing off :)

   --Jeff