[aprssig] APRS demo

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 14:41:04 EDT 2008

So, how would I use this from my D7?  I assume the message would be the same as a normal email (the "to" email address as the first word in the message, a space, and then the text), but who would it be sent to?  "email"?  W3ADO-1?  Do I leave the wide1-1,wide2-2 part of the configuration alone?

I was out hiking with my wife a month ago, and wanted to send an email to our daughter.  Not an emergency; we just wanted to let her know when we would be home.  I could hear APRS traffic, but couldn't quite hit anything from where we were.  I have no idea if the satellite was going to be within range, but it sure would have been nice to know how to use it if it were.

Greg  KO6TH