[aprssig] Southeast Oklahoma APRS

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 18:04:57 EDT 2008

As expected, there was a lot more activity near Oklahoma City.
Although I didn't see a repeater object.  I checked out aprs.fi, and
there is a repeater object on the map just south of town, but it seems
to be being beaconed by a digipeater well to the south of town (a good
40 or 50 miles south of the repeater), and while the repeater is
likely usable from the Oklahoma City area, I didn't hear packets from
that digi at all.

I was happy to hear someone calling on 146.52.  When the station he
was calling didn't answer, I gave him a call and had a great QSO.

73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R