[aprssig] (Slightly OT) What is solar panel power output?

bob evinger wd9eka at evinger.com
Wed Sep 10 07:18:21 EDT 2008

Outback Power FX80. It is rated at 80 amps output. They also make an MX60,
60 amps out.  they will take up to 140 volt open circuit string of like
sized panels and step it down to 12/24/48/60 volt standard dc voltages.
they are also programmable for odd output voltage as well.

These are the most expensive, I think I paid a little over 500 for my fx80
but it makes up for the difference in panel quantity plus a little.

There are a couple of other manufacturers that make lower power versions
of mppt controllers. Cant remember the power ratings, maybe 20-25 amps
that are $200 dollar range. THe lower priced units dont have as many
frills obviously.

bob